151) Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.
152) Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.
-- Doris Day
153) Don't let go too soon but don't hang on too long.
-- Mitch Albom, "Tuesdays with Moorie"
(Submitted by Elns from Philippines)
154) Don't be afraid if things seem difficult in the beginning. That's only the initial impression. The important thing is not to retreat; you have to master yourself.
-- Olga Korbut
155) In the book of life's questions, the answers are not in the back.
-- Charles M. Schulz
156) Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.
-- Chuck Palahniuk
157) Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.
-- Jodie Foster
158) Don't be disquieted in time of adversity. Be firm with dignity and self-reliant with vigor.
-- Chiang Kai-Shek
159) Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
-- William James
160) One can be very happy without demanding that others agree with them.
-- Ira Gershwin
161) Hope is necessary in every condition.
-- Samuel Johnson
162) Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
-- Chinese Proverb
163) You only lose energy when life becomes dull in your mind. Your mind gets bored and therefore tired of doing nothing. Get interested in something! Get absolutely enthralled in something! Get out of yourself! Be somebody! Do something! The more you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have.
-- Norman Vincent Peale
164) Deep within man dwell those slumbering powers; powers that would astonish him, that he never dreamed of possessing; forces that would revolutionize his life if aroused and put into action.
-- Orison Swett Marden
165) Find the good - and praise it!
-- Alex Haley
166) I do the very best I know how - the very best I can; and mean to keep doing so until the end. If the end brings me out all right, what is said against me won't amount to anything.
-- Abraham Lincoln
167) We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-- TS (Thomas Stearns) Eliot
168) Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
-- Sidney J. Harris
169) Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day.
-- Michael Landon
170) Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.
-- Emily Dickinson
171) Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want.
-- Anna Lappe
172) We can't take any credit for our talents. It's how we use them that counts.
-- Madeleine L'Engle
173) You are not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, and with a finer spirit of hope and achievement.
-- Woodrow Wilson
174) The truest greatness lies in being kind, the truest wisdom in a happy mind.
-- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
175) Let there be nothing within thee that is not very beautiful and very gentle, and there will be nothing without thee that is not beautiful and softened by the spell of thy presence.
-- James Allen
176) Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arrivingsafely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid insideways, champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOOHOO - What a Ride!"
-- Attributed to an octogenarian named Mavis Leyrer, of Seattle
177) A book is not only a friend, it makes friends for you. When you have possessed a book with mind and spirit, you are enriched. But when you pass it on you are enriched threefold.
-- Henry Miller
178) It's easier to put on slippers than to carpet the whole world.
-- Al Franken
179) The real tragedy of life is not in being limited to one talent, but in the failure to use that one talent.
-- Edgar W. Work
180) Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with glory.
-- Betty Smith