121) Winning is only half of it. Having fun is the other half.
-- Bum Phillips
122) People of character do the right thing, not because they think it will change the world but because they refuse to be changed by the world.
-- Michael Josephson
123) When you're in love you never really know whether your elation comes from the qualities of the one you love, or if it attributes them to her; whether the light which surrounds her like a halo comes from you, from her, or from the meeting of your sparks.
-- Natalie Clifford Barney
124) Whatever we are waiting for - peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance - it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart.
-- Sarah Ban Breathnach
125) We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh.
-- Agnes Repplier
126) Creativity is a drug I cannot live without.
-- Cecil B. DeMille
127) Zeal is a volcano, the peak of which the grass of indecisiveness does not grow.
-- Kahlil Gibran
128) One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do.
-- Henry Ford
129) There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.
-- Martha Graham
130) One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.
-- Abraham Maslow
131) How different our lives are when we really know what is deeply important to us, and keeping that picture in mind, we manage ourselves each day to be and to do what really matters most.
-- Stephen Covey
132) The living moment is everything.
-- D.H. Lawrence
133) Nothing strengthens the judgment and quickens the conscience like individual responsibility.
-- Elizabeth Stanton
134) The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls.
-- Elizabeth Stanton
135) You can be pleased with nothing when you are not pleased with yourself.
-- Lady Mary Wortley Montagu
136) A married man should forget his mistakes; no use two people remembering the same thing.
-- Duane Dewel
137) Don't be distracted by criticism. Remember the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.
-- Zig Ziglar
138) We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.
-- Marcel Proust
139) Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
140) We all have the means to bestow on others the most lavish gifts; love, joy, peace, hope, kindness, acceptance, encouragement, laughter, forgiveness, time. There is not enough money to buy them and not too little money to give them. The more you spend, the wealthier you become; yet nothing will cost you more than what you freely possess to give.
-- Eden Eliot
141) A good listener tries to understand thoroughly what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but before he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with.
-- Kenneth A. Wells
142) When you speak of someone or about someone, you should speak as though they were in the room with you. The ears that you speak to today are attached to the mouth that could relay the message tomorrow.
-- William 'Biddy' Allen
143) Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
-- Martin Luther King Jr.
144) Everyone discusses my art and pretends to understand, as if it were necessary to understand, when it is simply necessary to love.
-- Claude Monet
145) Love is the vital essence that pervades and permeates, from the center to the circumference, the graduating circles of all thought and action. Love is the talisman of human weal and woe - the open sesame to every soul.
-- Elizabeth Stanton
146) Whether or not we realize it each of us has within us the ability to set some kind of example for people. Knowing this would you rather be the one known for being the one who encouraged others, or the one who inadvertently discouraged those around you?
-- Josh Hinds
147) Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.
-- Eckhart Tolle
148) When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope still is to leave the world a little bit better for my having been here.
-- Jim Henson
149) Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
-- Og Mandino
150) Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.
-- William Ellery Channing
Thank you for visiting