Advertisement

Friday, February 25, 2011

Decision Time

Decision Time
by Mike Scogna


How do you approach decisions? I used to dread decisions, laboring over the outcomes and flopping back and forth: should I…or shouldn’t I? Sometimes I would feel frozen by fear: what if I make a mistake? What if I fail? I would make decisions looking at the current circumstances and resources allowing that to dictate whether or not I would do something. The bank balance, education, calendar, experience…the circumstances drove the decision. What I really wanted and why I wanted it was not in the picture.

What was I doing wrong? I had flabby decision making muscles. So I studied and emulated successful decision makers.

Napoleon Hill interviewed 500 highly effective and successful people in all fields and found that they had a common trait: successful people make decisions quickly and seldom, if ever, change them. They develop a clear image of what they want then take action toward that goal image.

The word “decision” comes from the Latin “de” (from) and “caedere” (to cut).

We must commit ourselves to a result and then cut ourselves off from other outcomes.

Does the decision and outcome scare us? Are we afraid we might fail?

Who was a strike out king in baseball? Babe Ruth struck out 1330 times.
Who holds a record for missed shots in the NBA? Michael Jordan.
Who said “…you miss 100% of the shots you do not take.” Wayne Gretzky.

We all make mistakes and fail. That doesn’t make us a failure. That is how we learn and gather what we need to achieve goals.

Mind and universe require order before action. Decision brings order to our mind and allows it to focus on the actions that move us toward our goal.

Achieving is a decision.

What is your decision?
Email me: MyDecision@BuildYourBliss.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks Gor Comment