Advertisement

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Marilyn Monroe Quotes

Marilyn Monroe Quotes

Here's a wonderful collection of Marilyn Monroe quotes.

Born as Norma Jeane Mortenson, she's also known as Norma Jeane Baker. She legally changed her name to Marilyn Monroe on February 23, 1956.

She was an American actress, singer, model and world-famous sex symbol.

Marilyn Monroe became one of the most popular movie stars of the 1950s and early 1960s. She has been claimed to be the most famous woman of the 20th century.

I grew up with the consciousness that Marilyn Monroe was a very famous sex symbol and that even decades after her death, there's still many Marilyn Monroe's fans. And it's only upon collecting her quotes for this page, that I learned more about her through her quotes.

Her quotes gave me a glimpse into her vulnerability and heart desires. I'm touched as I collected her quotes and began to understand a little more about why she had endeared herself to the world.

Run through these Marilyn Monroe quotes and be moved.


A career is wonderful thing, but you can't snuggle up to it on a cold night.
-- Marilyn Monroe


Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him.
-- Marilyn Monroe


Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I'm just a girl who wishes for the world.
-- Marilyn Monroe


Creativity has got to start with humanity and when you're a human being, you feel, you suffer.
-- Marilyn Monroe


Everybody is always tugging at you. They'd all like a sort of chunk out of you. I don' think they realize it, but it's like 'grrr do this, grr do that...' But you do want to stay intact and on two feet.
-- Marilyn Monroe


Fame will go by and, so long, I've had you, fame. If it goes by, I've always known it was fickle. So at least it's something I experience, but that's not where I live.
-- Marilyn Monroe


Goethe said, 'Talent is developed in privacy, ' you know? And it's really true. There is a need for aloneness which I don't think most people realize for an actor. It's almost having certain kinds of secrets for yourself that you'll let the whole world in on only for a moment, when you're acting.
-- Marilyn Monroe


I am involved in a freedom ride protesting the loss of the minority rights belonging to the few remaining earthbound stars. All we demanded was our right to twinkle.
-- Marilyn Monroe


I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful.
-- Marilyn Monroe


I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.
-- Marilyn Monroe


I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.
-- Marilyn Monroe


I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent.
-- Marilyn Monroe


I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else.
-- Marilyn Monroe


I restore myself when I'm alone.
-- Marilyn Monroe


I used to think as I looked at the Hollywood night, 'there must be thousands of girls sitting alone like me, dreaming of becoming a movie star. But I'm not going to worry about them. I'm dreaming the hardest.'
-- Marilyn Monroe


I want to grow old without facelifts... I want to have the courage to be loyal to the face I've made. Sometimes I think it would be easier to avoid old age, to die young, but then you'd never complete your life, would you? You'd never wholly know you.
-- Marilyn Monroe


If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere.
-- Marilyn Monroe


If I'm a star, then the people made me a star.
-- Marilyn Monroe


I'm going to be a great movie star some day.
-- Marilyn Monroe


I'm very definitely a woman and I enjoy it.
-- Marilyn Monroe


It's all make believe, isn't it?
-- Marilyn Monroe


It's often just enough to be with someone. I don't need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You're not alone.
Marilyn Monroe


I've always felt those articles somehow reveal more about the writers than they do about me.
-- Marilyn Monroe


I've been on a calendar, but I've never been on time.
-- Marilyn Monroe


My illusions didn't have anything to do with being a fine actress. I knew how third rate I was. I could actually feel my lack of talent, as if it were cheap clothes I was wearing inside. But, my God, how I wanted to learn, to change, to improve!
-- Marilyn Monroe


No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't.
-- Marilyn Monroe


People respect you because they feel you've survived hard times and endured, and although you've become famous, you haven't become phony.
-- Marilyn Monroe


Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.
-- Marilyn Monroe


Someone said to me, 'If fifty percent of the experts in Hollywood said you had no talent and should give up, what would you do?' My answer was then and still is, 'If a hundred percent told me that, all one hundred percent would be wrong.'
-- Marilyn Monroe


That's the trouble, a sex symbol becomes a thing. But if I'm going to be a symbol of something, I'd rather have it sex than some other things we've got symbols of.
-- Marilyn Monroe


The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up.
-- Marilyn Monroe


What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course.
-- Marilyn Monroe


With fame, you know, you can read about yourself, somebody else's ideas about you, but what's important is how you feel about yourself - for survival and living day to day with what comes up.
-- Marilyn Monroe

By PMR Group

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks Gor Comment