241) You cannot dream yourself into a character: you must hammer and forge yourself into one.
-- Henry D. Thoreau
242) A nail is driven out by another nail. Habit is overcome by habit.
-- Desiderius Erasmus
243) Apathy can be overcome by enthusiasm, and enthusiasm can be aroused by two things: first, an idea which takes the imagination by storm; and second, a definite, intelligible plan for carrying that idea into action.
-- Arnold Toynbee
244) I have enjoyed greatly the second blooming... suddenly you find - at the age of 50, say - that a whole new life has opened before you.
-- Agatha Christie
245) I will waste not even a precious second today in anger or hate or jealousy or selfishness. I know that the seeds I sow I will harvest, because every action, good or bad, is always followed by an equal reaction. I will plant only good seeds this day.
-- Og Mandino
246) What a grand thing, to be loved! What a grander thing still, to love!
-- Victor Hugo
247) You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants.
-- Stephen King
248) When you cease to dream, you cease to live.
-- Malcolm Forbes
249) Do something. If it doesn't work, do something else. No idea is too crazy.
-- Jim Hightower
250) Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.
-- Anthony Robbins
251) My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune.
-- Graycie Harmon
252) Remember happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think.
-- Dale Carnegie
253) When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you.
254) Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.
-- Oprah Winfrey
255) Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.
256) Train yourself to let go of the things you fear to lose.
-- George Lucas
257) Poetry is thoughts that breathe and words that burn.
-- Thomas Gray
258) Trust yourself. Think for yourself. Act for yourself. Speak for yourself. Be yourself. Imitation is suicide.
-- Marva Collins
259)Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said. "One can't believe impossible things."
"I dare say you haven't had much practice," said the queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
-- Lewis Carroll
260) The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
-- Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
261) There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknowledge; both poverty and riches are the offspring of thought.
-- Napoleon Hill
262) Courage means to keep working a relationship, to continue seeking solutions to difficult problems, and to stay focused during stressful periods."– Denis Waitley
263) Take chances, make mistakes. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.
-- Mary Tyler Moore
264) When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
-- Helen Keller
265) We do not remember days; we remember moments.
-- Cesare Pavese
266) When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.
-- Abraham Joshua Heschel
267) When you re-read a classic you do not see more in the book than you did before; you see more in you than there was before.
-- Clifton Fadiman
268) The leadership instinct you are born with is the backbone. You develop the funny bone and the wishbone that go with it.
-- Elaine Agather
269) Moreover, perfectionist standards do not allow for failure.They do not even allow for life, and certainly not death.
-- Marion Woodman
270) The older I get, the greater power I seem to have to help the world; I am like a snowball - the further I am rolled, the more I gain.
-- Susan B. Anthony
Thank you for visiting