Advertisement

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dad Quotes

270404_184897348232335_100001362139622_451071_566765_n
A dramatic thing, the first time you stand up to your dad.
A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be, A father is someone who carries pictures where his money used to be.
A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again.
A father's disappointment can be a very powerful tool.
A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.
Aeneas carried his aged father on his back from the ruins of Troy and so do we all, whether we like it or not, perhaps even if we have never known them.
All the learnin' my father paid for was a bit o' birch at one end and an alphabet at the other.
An angry father is most cruel towards himself.
As a little girl I used to daydream about my real father coming on a white horse to rescue me.
As Daddy said, life is 95 percent anticipation.
Babies don't need fathers, but mothers do. Someone who is taking care of a baby needs to be taken care of.
Because of my father, we are that Shining City on a Hill.
Being a father helps me be more responsible... you see more things than you've ever seen.
Being a father to my family and a husband is to me much more important than what I did in the business.
Being a father, being a friend, those are the things that make me feel successful.
But I have to be careful not to let the world dazzle me so much that I forget that I'm a husband and a father.
But the love of adventure was in father's blood.
Child-rearing is my main interest now. I'm a hands-on father.
Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn't teach me everything he knows.
Dad was the only adult male I ever trusted.
Dad, wherever you are, you are gone but you will never be forgotten.
Do you know that other than my father, I've never had a man take care of me?
Employee fathers need to step up to the plate and put their family needs on the table.
Every parent is at some time the father of the unreturned prodigal, with nothing to do but keep his house open to hope.
Father or stepfather - those are just titles to me. They don't mean anything.
Father told me that if I ever met a lady in a dress like yours, I must look her straight in the eyes.
Fathers are biological necessities, but social accidents.
Fathers in today's modern families can be so many things.
Feels good to try, but playing a father, I'm getting a little older. I see now that I'm taking it more serious and I do want that lifestyle.
Humor is always based on a modicum of truth. Have you ever heard a joke about a father-in-law?
I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father's equal, and I never loved any other man as much.
I decided in my life that I would do nothing that did not reflect positively on my father's life.
I grew up not liking my father very much. I never saw him cry. But he must have. Everybody cries.
I have always thought of Walt Disney as my second father.
I have never been a material girl. My father always told me never to love anything that cannot love you back.
I hope I am remembered by my children as a good father.
I inherited that calm from my father, who was a farmer. You sow, you wait for good or bad weather, you harvest, but working is something you always need to do.
I just wish I could understand my father.
I kept my babies fed. I could have dumped them, but I didn't. I decided that whatever trip I was on, they were going with me. You're looking at a real daddy.
I know that I will never find my father in any other man who comes into my life, because it is a void in my life that can only be filled by him.
I love my dad, although I'm definitely critical of him sometimes, like when his pants are too tight. But I love him so much and I try to be really supportive of him.
I love the comic opportunities that come up in the context of a father-son relationship.
I made a decision when my father passed away that I was going to be who God made me to be and not try to preach like my father.
I never had a speech from my father 'this is what you must do or shouldn't do' but I just learned to be led by example. My father wasn't perfect.
I pressed my father's hand and told him I would protect his grave with my life. My father smiled and passed away to the spirit land.
I stopped loving my father a long time ago. What remained was the slavery to a pattern.
I wanted to be a forest ranger or a coal man. At a very early age, I knew I didn't want to do what my dad did, which was work in an office.
I wanted to take up music, so my father bought me a blunt instrument. He told me to knock myself out.
I was punished for blowing the whistle on my father's lifestyle.
I was raised by free-spirited people, though my father gave me a very strong work ethic.
I wasn't anything special as a father. But I loved them and they knew it.
I would never have done what I'd done if I'd considered my father as somebody I wanted to please.
I would want my legacy to be that I was a great son, father and friend.
I'm a father; that's what matters most. Nothing matters more.
I'm a father. It isn't just my life any more. I don't want my kid finding bottles in the house or seeing his father completely smashed.
I'm a fun father, but not a good father. The hard decisions always went to my wife.
I'm more comfortable with whatever's wrong with me than my father was whenever he felt he failed or didn't measure up to the standard he set.
If my father had hugged me even once, I'd be an accountant right now.
It doesn't matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was.
It is a wise father that knows his own child.
It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.
It is impossible to please all the world and one's father.
It is much easier to become a father than to be one.
It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life.
My dad always said, 'Don't worry what people think, because you can't change it.'
My dad taught me true words you have to use in every relationship. Yes, baby.
My father and I have a very good relationship. We always got along. But I always scold him.
My father invented a cure for which there was no disease and unfortunately my mother caught it and died of it.
My father loved people, children and pets.
My father never raised his hand to any one of his children, except in self-defense.
My father taught me how to substitute realities.
My father taught me that the only way you can make good at anything is to practice, and then practice some more.
My father wants me to be like my brother, but I can't be.
My father was always telling himself no one was perfect, not even my mother.
My father was an Episcopalian minister, and I've always been comforted by the power of prayer.
My father was grounded, a very meat-and-potatoes man. He was a baker.
My father was my teacher. But most importantly he was a great dad.
My father was never anti-anything in our house.
My father was not a failure. After all, he was the father of a president of the United States.
My father was something of a rainbow-chaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks Gor Comment