1) The real winners in life are the people who look at every situation with an expectation that they can make it work or make it better.
-- Barbara Pletcher
2) The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.
-- Charles du Bois
3) Believe in yourself and there will come a day when others will have no choice but to believe with you.
-- Cynthia Kersey
4) Sometimes questions are more important than answers.
-- Nancy Willard
5) I do not want to die...until I have faithfully made the most of my talent and cultivated the seed that was placed in me until the last small twig has grown.
-- Kathe Kollwitz
6) An average person with average talent, ambition and education, can outstrip the most brilliant genius in our society, if that person has clear, focused Goals.
-- Brian Tracy
7) Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it.
-- Margaret Thatcher
8) There are no hopeless situations; there are only people who have grown hopeless about them.
-- Clare Boothe
9) The best work is not what is most difficult for you; it is what you do best.
-- Jean-Paul Sartre
10) Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.
-- Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
11) There is no better opportunity to receive more than to be thankful for what you already have. Thanksgiving opens the windows of opportunity for ideas to flow your way.
12) People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. All is a miracle.
-- Thich Nhat Hanh
13) May your spirit keep the freedom of a butterfly in spring and your heart be filled always with the joys of simple things. May your essence claim the freshness of the new laid morning dew. All of this...and more...
-- Author Unknown
14) Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have.
-- Doris Mortman
15) People who say that life is not worthwhile are really saying that they themselves have no personal goals which are worthwhile. Get yourself a goal worth working for. Better still, get yourself a project. Always have something ahead of you to look forward to...to work for and hope for.
-- Dr. Maxwell Maltz
16) Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.
-- Charles "Tremendous" Jones
17) Take care that the face that looks out from the mirror in the morning is a pleasant face, you may not see it again during the day, but others will.
18) Anything that is of value in life only multiplies when it is given.
-- Deepak Chopra
19) How do I change?
If I feel depressed I will sing.
If I feel sad I will laugh.
If I feel ill I will double my labour.
If I feel fear I will plunge ahead.
If I feel inferior I will wear new garments.
If I feel uncertain I will raise my voice.
If I feel poverty I will think of wealth to come.
If I feel incompetent I will think of past success.
If I feel insignificant I will remember my goals.
Today I will be the master of my emotions.
-- Og Mandino, "The Greatest Salesman in the World"
20) If you live each day as if it were your last, then when your last day arrives you will have no regrets. Your life will have been a masterpiece; you will have lived life the best way it can be lived - one moment at a time with grace and appreciation.
21) We may go to the moon, but that's not very far. The greatest distance we have to cover still lies within us.
--Charles de Gaulle
22) No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves.
-- Amelia Earhart
23) Every oak tree started out as a couple of nuts who decided to stand their ground.
24) The essence of nirvana is tranquil, uncontrived bliss. Realize your own mind is the true mind, and errant imagining ceases. When errant imagining ceases, you are accurately aware. By virtue of accurate awareness, dispassionately perceptive knowledge arises and thus one finds the nature of reality.
25) Life is like a piano. What you get out of it depends on how you play it.
-- Tom Lehrer
26) The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.
27) So what do we do? Anything - something. So long as we don't just sit there. If we screw it up, start over. Try something else. If we wait until we've satisfied all the uncertainties, it may be too late.
-- Lee Iacocca
28) The universe will reward you for taking risks on its behalf.
-- Shakti Gawain
29) When plans are laid in advance, it is surprising how often the circumstances fit in with them.
-- Sir William Osler
30) If your regrets linger, if you cannot find inspiration in solitude, then you still have much to learn from the writers and poets and the cooks on becoming the artist of your own life. You can never recreate the past. But you can shape your own future. And you can make a cake.
-- Jacqueline Duval
Thank you for visiting